- Marina FAQs
- Weather and Tide Links
- Marina Amenities
- Hoboken Amenities
- Boating Resources
- Maps & Parking
- 1. Is there an ATM machine located at the marina?
Yes, there are several ATMs located throughout Pier 13. There are also a couple banks within the Shipyard Complex on 14th St. You will find both TD Bank and Wells Fargo Bank a short walk away.
- 2. Is there a cutting board station for cleaning fish?
There is no cutting board station located at the marina. However, boaters will be able to use a cutting board station located on the pier to the north of the Shipyard Marina on 14th Street.
- 3. Are dogs/cats allowed?
Pets are allowed at the marina provided that they do not interfere with the enjoyment of other boaters. Pets must be in Boater’s control at all times and dogs must be on a leash. The Boater is responsible for cleaning up animal waste. Boaters who do not comply will lose this privilege.
- 4. Are live aboards welcome?
No, liveaboards are not permitted at The Shipyard Marina.
- 5. Does the Shipyard Marina have dry dock capabilities?
No, the Shipyard Marina does not have dry dock capabilities.
- 6. Is there public transportation located near the Shipyard Marina?
Yes. Ferries, buses and PATH trains all operate from Hoboken, providing service into New York City and other destinations. A New York Waterways Ferry operates from the 14th Street Shipyard Pier with service to 38th Street in Manhattan and World Financial Center, click here to see schedule http://www.nywaterway.com/. Buses can be taken from Washington Street, (two blocks away) with service to Port Authority Bus Terminal in New York and to the south end of Hoboken to the Train Station and PATH trains.
- 7. Does the Shipyard Marina have hourly “Dock and Dine” rates?
Yes. Boaters who wish to dock on an hourly basis will be charged at a rate of $25 per hour, with a 2-hour minimum.
- 8. Are there restaurants nearby?
Yes. Located right on Pier 13, you will find a variety of food trucks along with our outdoor beer garden. There are also several quality restaurants within a two-block range. Hoboken features a wide range of outstanding restaurants for every taste and price range. Whether you seek an elegant atmosphere or are looking for a great place to watch a game and grab a burger, you won’t have to look far.
- 9. Are dock carts available?
Yes, a dock cart is available for bringing supplies to and from your boat.
- 10. Does the marina accept credit cards?
Yes. We accept VISA, MasterCard, and American Express.
- 11. Is there security?
Yes, the marina has overnight security and the Shipyard Community is monitored by 24 hour a day surveillance cameras. Access to the marina is gated and there is walkway lighting throughout the marina.
- 12. Can I have a dock box?
Marina Tenants can order dock boxes through the Marina Office only.
- 13. Can I fit a larger boat in a smaller slip?
Boats which exceed a slip’s size will be charged for excess footage according to the duration of their stay (seasonal-$150/ft, monthly-$34/ft, weekly-$15/ft).
- 14. How deep is the water inside the Shipyard Marina?
MLW is 10ft.
- 15. What amenities does the Shipyard Marina boathouse have?
Pier 13, a new bar with craft beer, games, grass and food trucks, is located on the 13th Street Pier. The bar provides a great setting to relax and enjoy the New York City Skyline and views of the Hudson River. There are men’s and women’s bathrooms, which are available to Marina tenants. See the Marina Amenities tab for further information.
- 16. How do I get there by car?
Our address is: 1301 Sinatra Drive, Hoboken, NJ 07030
We are located on the 13th Street Pier in Hoboken.
See our Directions and Parking page for more information.
- 17. Does the Shipyard Marina offer in-water wintering?
Yes. Yes, we offer in-water dockage during the winter months.
- 18. Where do I park my car?
Little Man Parking, located at 2 12th Street, is adjacent to the marina. The garage is one street east of Hudson Street, behind Starbucks Coffee. Guests of marina tenants must pay for parking. Rates are posted in the garage. For more information on Little Man Parking, check out their website: http://www.littlemanparking.com/212THSTREET.htm
Marina tenants have access to parking garage only when using their boat and must register their car with the Marina Office. Transient parking included with slip for one automobile in the Little Man garage.
- 19. Does the Shipyard Marina accept transient vessels?
Yes. The Shipyard Marina accepts transient vessels.
- 20. How long is the season at the Shipyard Marina?
Our season is from May 1st to October 31st. Off-season rates apply from November 1st –April 30th.
- 1. Weather Underground
- 2. National Weather Service
- 3. Weather Channel
- 4. Intellicast
Marine forecast for all of United States and New York Harbor:http://www.intellicast.com/Travel/Weather/Marine/
New York area weather reports: http://www.intellicast.com/local/weather.aspx?location=USNY0996
- 5. Weather images
- 6. Tide and Current Predictor
- 7. National Hurricane Center
- 8. AccuWeather
- 1. Marina Boathouse
Bathrooms are available for Sailing Club and marina slip tenants. The boathouse is the home to our Pier 13 Beer garden.
- 2. Parking
Little Man Parking, located at 2 12th Street, is adjacent to the marina. The garage is one street east of Hudson Street, behind Starbuck’s Coffee. Guests of marina tenants must pay for parking. Rates are posted in the garage. For more information on Little Man Parking check out their website: http://www.littlemanparking.com/212thstreet.htm
Marina tenants have access to parking garage only when using their boat and must register their car with the marina office. Any overnight parking will be subject to the Parking Garage fees.
- 3. Dock Features
The marina features floating docks that are accessible by two gated entrance ramps, providing a short walking distance to each slip. Water is included in your dockage fees; however electric service will be an additional charge. You may also purchase your dock boxes through the marina office.
- 4. Hoboken Sailing Club
- 5. Pier 13 Bar
- 6. Location
Located at the 13th Street Pier on the Hudson River in Hoboken, New Jersey. Our unique location, directly across from midtown, boasts some of the best views of the Manhattan skyline and the Hudson River. The address is: 1301 Sinatra Drive, Hoboken, NJ 07030.
- 7. Security
Shipyard Marina is patrolled 24 hours a day. There is overnight security in addition to 24-hour surveillance cameras.
- 8. Nearby Businesses
The Shipyard community is home to many businesses such as King’s Supermarkets, Starbuck’s, Rite Aid Pharmacy, Sparrows Wine & Liquor and Shipyard Dry Cleaners, which are all adjacent to the Marina. Numerous restaurants, bars, and shops are located just a short walk away within Hoboken.
- 9. Public Transportation
Hoboken has many efficient and convenient public transportation options, including NJ/NY Path Trains, NY Waterway Ferry Service, and Bus Service. For more information on these services, check out the websites below.
NJ Transit Bus and Train service
NY/NJ Path Service
Port Authority Bus Terminal
NY Waterway Ferry
- 1. Hoboken is a small, walkable urban community that is just over one square mile.
The city of Hoboken is a prime location, with endless opportunities to enjoy all it has to offer. Whether you are searching for a premium dining experience, are looking to enjoy the excitement of the vibrant nightlife scene, or are looking to relish the outdoors in our beautiful parks and waterfront venues, Hoboken certainly has something for everyone. Dockage at the Shipyard Marina allows members and transient guests all the treasures this city has to offer. Here are some of the awards and acknowledgments that the city has received (from http://www.hobokennj.org/):
- Hoboken was designated a gold-level walk-friendly community in 2011.
- Hoboken was rated the best dining town in New Jersey (NJ Monthly Magazine).
- Hoboken was ranked the 12th best college town in the country (Princeton Review, 2010).
- Hoboken is ranked #1 city in public transportation use (U.S. Census).
- Hoboken is ranked the #1 most walkable city in the country (WalkScore.com).
- Hoboken is ranked the #1 most dog-friendly city in the country (BellaDOG Magazine).
- Hoboken’s Pier A Park is ranked one of the top 10 urban parks in the country (Urban Land Institute)
- Hoboken’s Washington Street was named one of the Top 10 Great Streets for 2010(American Planning Association, 2010)
- Hoboken was ranked the #1 city in the country for Singles (Money Magazine, 2008)
- Hoboken was rated one of the top 10 best places to “ride out the gas crunch” due to the variety of transportation options available here (Money Magazine, 2008)
For more information on the city of Hoboken visit the city’s website which features information about the city’s history, upcoming events, a calendar of events full of fun things to do for people of all ages: http://www.hobokennj.org/
For a list and map of some of the many RESTAURANTS near The Shipyard Marina click here http://goo.gl/maps/3s4e
- 1. Boating supplies
Yes. There are a few options for boating supplies. Please contact marina staff for additional information.
- 2. Fuel Docks
Yes. There are a couple Fuel Docks located just south of Shipyard Marina, located down the Morris Canal.
- 3. Mechanics
- 4. Washing, Waxing, Varnishing
- 5. Carpentry, Rigging, Fiberglass
- 6. Hauling Facilities
- 7. Insurance
- 8. Questions, comments or suggestions
- 1. Maps & Parking
There is more detail coming soon. Until that time:
A one-stop resource compiled to answer all of your questions about the marina, Hoboken, The sailing club, pier 13, kayaking, paddle boarding, and jet skiing.